Write Authorities about Human Trafficking in the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia.
Join the Resistance!
Write Your Local Authorities!
Write your MLA and Provincial Leaders hand written, as well as email letters, one letter a month. Research shows written letters are powerful. Write on one topic per month or write about all 12 topics each month. You don't have to say a lot, just say what you want ... and be encouraging, too, they have a tough job, so thank them for what they are doing ... but be bold and demand change now!
Commercial rape must be eradicated from our community!
Write them about issues like:
1. Women needing to receive compassionate reception when reporting being trafficked.
2. Women not needing to testify about sex trafficking in person, in front of their pimp, but through video.
3. That all RCMP receive training in human / sex trafficking sensitivity and trauma informed care.
4. That all judges, first-responders and health care workers be trained in sex trafficking sensitivity and trauma informed care.
5. Allow the RCMP to arrest a suspect of sex trafficking just like they can now arrest a suspect of domestic violence.
6. Treat women with kindness and gentleness and special reception when they come forward to report a sex trafficking violation (not in a cold, authority "police" room, but with plain clothes female personnel and in a warm environment.)
7. Not to legalize prostitution. Read about why here: https://www.facebook.com/nspreventsprostitution
8. Prosecute all buyers of sex with prison, fines and publicizing their names.
9. To put an end to the commercial rape in our province.
10. Mandate elementary school presentations in grade 5 to explain the dangers of luring online.
11. Demand John Stings by the RCMP with tough penalties.
12. Demand the end to commercial rape in Nova Scotia and the sale / export of girls from our community.
MLA for King's North - John Lohr (PC)
Phone: (902) 365-3420
347 Main Street
Kentville, NS B4N 1K7
MLA for King's South - Keith Irving (Lib)
Phone: (902) 542-0050
3-24 Harbourside Dr.
PO Box 2455
Wolfville, NS B4P 2C1
MLA for King's West - Honourable Leo A. Glavine (Lib)
Phone: (902) 765-4083
P.O. Box 250
Kingston, NS B0P 1R0
Office of the Premier - Honourable Stephen McNeil
Phone: (902) 424-6600
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 726
Halifax, NS B3J 2T3
Attorney General and Minister of Justice - Honourable Mark Furey
Phone: (902) 424-4030
Department of Justice
P.O. Box 7
Halifax, NS B3J 2L6
The graphic used for this conference is meant to depict the heart of the ones we hope to help. Feeling trapped within themselves or in their circumstances, yet inwardly reaching out or hoping for, or open to help.